[Metadata] Re: DOI deposit

The latest version of the DOI Syntax (Version 1.1, February 16)
distinguishes between Registration (which is the "act of allocating the DOI
*prefix* [my emphasis] to a Registrant by the Registration Agency") and
Deposit (which is the "act of entering into the Directory a DOI and
associated information"). Since the metadata principles document was
discussing DOIs rather than DOI prefixes, I suggested that Deposit was the
more appropriate term.

Regards

Cliff Morgan

"Jose Luis Borbinha" <jose.borbinha@ip.pt> on 04/03/99 13:49:09