[Metadata] Re: [Metadata] News about the mail list metadata@doi.org (correction)

Hello all,

Since Norman is on vacation for the next couple of weeks I thought I should
step in to correct something in the announcement below.  The
"IDF-metadata@doi.org" list is actually NOT an open list even for IDF
Members.  It's really just the list used by the Policy Committee itself to
conduct its own business:  i.e., schedule meetings, confirm attendance,
exchange preliminary drafts of documents prior to in-person discussions,
etc.  As such, it really isn't approriate to open it up to an audience beyond
the committee itself.

I did reconfirm with Catherine Rey (Manager of doi.org including all the
lists) that the "metadata@doi.org" list will remain live anyway until it is
moved elsewhere, so we can wait until Norman returns to address the question
of whether the IDF itself needs a new general-audience list for metadata
discussions, or whether "discuss-doi@doi.org" is sufficient for this as well
as other DOI issues, or whether people would want to continue with
"metadata@doi.org" wherever it ends up moving to.

Thanks,

David Sidman
Chair, IDF Metadata Policy Committee