Slide 11 of 23
The project methodology which CIS applied is actually very simple.
- First, the analysis of the task was conducted to examine the three principle data entities to which the plan relates. These are identified as:
- Works (including musical works, sound recordings, audiovisual works, etc)
- Interested Parties (that is, people and companies)
- Ownership (that is, agreements governing rights administration)
- Second, in order to provide unique identification for each of the data entities it was necessary to apply appropriate numbering systems.
- Third, data standards had to be introduced to codify any variable elements within each of the data entities and to define a data structure.
- Fourth, to design and construct a data communications architecture for exchanging the data with anyone who requires it.
And fifth, to develop the applications to provide the various ‘tools’ and data flows which comprise the key ‘deliverables’ of CIS.