Immediately available to other societies
Automatic link to ownership changes (ISAC)
- WorksNet is a simple system based on the CIS principle: do it once, do it right.
- Capture the information once, correctly, as close as possible to its source, the writer.
- Identify the work with an ISWC, and standardise its components.
- Make the data immediately and electronically available to all other societies.
- Finally, link the first registration to any later changes in ownership at its source.
- The WorksNet involves a partnership between writers, their publishers, their societies to harmonise the management of information, improve its accuracy and to remove duplication.
- The Musical Works Information Database went live earlier this year and societies are starting to populate it with information from their national repertoire.