Re: [Ref-Links] Proprietary Scheme

I second Tony.

doi  is almost ideally set up for use as an xml namespace URI with 2
exceptions:

1. some namespace group would need to register a prefix for use by
people who don't have access to a prefix (99.999% of xml developers)
2. The doi standard did not define a syntax for a "doi:" URI (it
would take about an hour to write up an RFC; just some encoding
issues to deal with)

I suspect that this second reason is also why IANA can't register
doi: as a URI scheme

Eric

--
Eric Hellman