[Ref-Links] 1Cate Adapter for CrossRef

We're announcing today our 1Cate Adapter for CrossRef.  1Cate Adapter
for CrossRef is the first commercially available software designed to
simplify integration of the CrossRef Linking system into Digital
Libraries.

press release: http://www.openly.com/pr/pr15.html
web page:  http://www.openly.com/crossref/

Of special interest to this list is the inclusion in  this package of
the CNRI handle client, so that libraries will be able to resolve the
doi's natively through the handle system.

Eric

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OPENLY ANNOUNCES 1CATE ADAPTER FOR CROSSREF

New software simplifies use of CrossRef in libraries

Bloomfield, New Jersey - October 17, 2001 - Openly Informatics, Inc.
(http://www.openly.com/) today revealed a new tool that will simplify
the use of the CrossRef linking system in CrossRef Affiliate
Libraries.

CrossRef was conceived as a technology to transform the flow of
information and ideas everywhere, by offering the scientific and
scholarly community a milestone for online publishing -- a
collaborative reference linking service -- through which a researcher
can click on a reference citation in a journal and immediately access
the cited article. CrossRef links are widely being adopted by
publishers to enable reference linking. Although libraries have been
eligible for affiliate membership in CrossRef for almost a year,
1Cate Adapter for CrossRef is the first commercially available
software designed to help integrate the CrossRef system into the
library digital environment.

1Cate Adapter for CrossRef lets a patron of an affiliate library
retrieve links, manually or automatically, to over 3 million articles
using bibliographic metadata, such as journal name, volume and page
number.

"1Cate Adapter for CrossRef, along with our other cutting edge
software components, provides cross-platform, open-standards based
technology for tomorrow's digital library -- today. Together with the
CrossRef system, it's another step towards our goal of one click
access to everything." said Openly's President, Eric Hellman.

"We are excited to have Openly Informatics as a CrossRef Affiliate,
and we hope that they will help many more libraries take advantage of
CrossRef linking." said Ed Pentz, Executive Director of CrossRef.

About Openly Informatics

Openly Informatics, Inc., is a leader in the development of
hyperlinking solutions. 1Cate (1 Click Access To Everything!)
(http://www.openly.com/1cate/), is Openly standards-based localized
linking server that directs users to a library's "appropriate copy".
Information on Openly Informatics, Inc. is available at Openly's
web-site, http://www.openly.com/

For more information, contact:
Eric Hellman,
President
Openly Informatics, Inc
1-973-509-7800
info@openly.com

About CrossRef

CrossRef, (http://www.crossref.org/) which was established by
scholarly publishers as an independent, non-profit membership entity
in 1999, uses open standards. It is an official registration agency
of the International DOI Foundation (IDF), and is the first
full-scale implementation of the DOI system.

For more information, contact:
Amy Brand,
Director of Business Development
CrossRef